From several metallic types of furniture like chairs, tables, folding beds, iron-safes to various household appliances made of metals we can observe that welding is done at the joints to keep the pieces together. Also, welding is not only used in various large scale industries but also in small to medium-sized industries. Generally, welding means to join two or more pieces of metal together with the help of an excessive amount of heat applied to it which is more than its melting point. Because of the high temperature the pieces of metals melt and fuse with each other on cooling.
Best welder brands around you use the following equipment for welding:
- Welder- It is directly connected to a power supply. It regulates the amount of electricity to be transferred to the torch and also keeps in check the speed of the consumable electrode.
- Gas tank and regulator valve- the Gas tank is filled with argon or argon combined with CO2 gas while the valve is used for regulating the flow of the gas.
- Welding gun- It has a trigger which starts the gas flow or the arc of electricity. Its tip is made of copper which is replaceable and comes in various sizes. The outside of the tip is protected by ceramic.
- Ground clamp- It works as the cathode of the circuit and completes the circuit between the welder, the welding gun and the metals to be welded.
- Welding table- The work on the project is performed on this table. It is better because doing your work on the ground decreases your efficiency.
Hand tools used
The best welder brands around the world use these tools for producing clean and finished welds which are as follows:
- Angle grinder- It is installed with a high rpm motor-driven spindle. In it, several grinding discs of various uses may be fitted. It can be used for cutting the metals according to the requirement before welding or to chip off the extra weld to make the surface smooth.
- Welding pliers- These are used for dislodging the electrode from the welding gun if it becomes jammed.
- Wire steel brush- Used for keeping the welded surface clean. While welding some burned particles stick to the surface. Hence to clean them this tool comes in handy.
- Hammers- These are essential for setting up the.
Types of welding
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) – This is the most common type of welding. The consumable electrode and the gas are fed into the gun simultaneously, also called a torch. When the circuit is completed, electricity flows through the gun which produces heat and melts the workpiece and allows the pieces to fuse together.
- Gas Welding- Oxygen and acetylene gas are mixed to create a flame
Other not so popular welding is gas tungsten arc welding and shielded metal arc welding.
The best welder brands around take due care of safety. They made it mandatory for their employees to wear helmets and welding jackets. Gloves, ear protection and work shoes are also made compulsory.