Slow cookers are the need for a modern and efficient kitchen these days. they save time and money both with its great features. Slow cooking makes the food taste great as when the meal is cooked slowly the flavor is locked inside the food only and does not get lost. One can simply put all the ingredients into the slow cooker and leave for the day, in the evening a tasty and well-cooked food will be ready to be enjoyed. Before one start looking and for some slow cooker review online, let’s see some of the benefits one can have by using a slow cooker.
Benefits of slow cooker:
- Saves money: one can cook tougher meat which is usually cheap in the slow cooker. as the slow cooking takes longer time the meat gets enough time to turn tender and juicy.
- Save energy: it uses lesser energy as compared to electric cooker like almost 300 watts only. Even with longer cooking time also one can save a lot of time as compared to fast cooking time which consumes almost 4000 watts in a single go.
- Super easy cooking: cooking in a slow cooker is easy and fuss-free as all the ingredients are added in a single go and one need not have to keep checking the food again and again.
- Recipes: with slow cooker demand on the rise one can find several recipes online and offline. There are many slow cooker companies who give slow cooker recipe books to the customers where one can find different meal preparations.
- Safe: these slow cookers are super safe as opposed to the notion that people have that leaving an unattended pot may be risky. It is not risky as it consumes only about 300 watts of energy which is similar to a light bulb power consumption.
- Tasty and healthy food: slow cooking is known for its taste enhancing characteristics as cooking on low heat for a longer period of time can enhance the taste and also keep the nutrition locked in the food.
How to choose the best slow cooker?
While reading through a slow cooker review one can find several features that a cooker should come with and some that make them exceptionally good. Here is a list of features that a slow cooker should have to be a sure shot winner:
- Variable size: the slow cookers come in different size and that is really important because cooking a small batch in a large pot or vice versa can be cumbersome and inefficient.
- Programmed setting: one can set a cooking temperature depending on what one is cooking.
- Warm setting: this is really important as sometimes the cooking can be done way before it will be served, this warm setting can keep the food warm till the last.
- Easy to clean: this is really important because in many cookware cleaning is a herculean task, but in slow cookers, one can separate the insert and put it in the dishwasher.
All these features prove that buying a slow cooker is way more cost and time efficient as compared to the conventional stove top pots and cookers.